Monday, June 08, 2015

'New' tools.


I'm trying very hard to throw things away, expecially packaging, but this broken salad spinner was just sitting on the side before it found the right rubbish bag. Whilst waiting for my morning cuppa to brew  I decided to have a go at cutting it up. 



With the help of a stanley knife I managed to take it apart and the result was a few new tools to use for printing, especially using the gelli plate.








Don't forget this month's giveaway in the last post, the odds are good at the moment!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great re-purposing! I've been doing a lot of found object printing recently...so much printing potential in all the packaging we receive!-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, I never can throw something away without thinking "what craft can I use that for?" Your fabric looks amazing.

    One day I must do some dying of fabric, but I have quite a stash of pre-printed to use up meanwhile. Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got great prints with this "rubbish" ;-) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a welcome affliction, this ability to see the use in something deemed useless by others . . . the problem comes when objects still in use start being pulled apart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments,especially to Jacqueline and Wendy whom I can't get back to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good idea! My problem is that I keep all kinds of packages, ropes, interesting pieces of ...., in my cupboard, and in bags etc. I am afraid I wil find myself in one of those tv programms about hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such fun - what a great bit of recycling!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...