Monday, May 02, 2011

May Day


Apart from all the holiday distractions, not to speak of the Royal Wedding, I have been making a start on my submission for this years’ ‘We Love Your Books’ exhibition, which has the theme of ‘Crop’. I need to submit that by the start of June and feel that I am well on my way with it now. This year it will be an online exhibition only. I am quite pleased with my idea and hope the execution will be OK. You will get to see it here whether I am accepted or not; lets wait and see.


I have also been messing with bits and pieces of felt and working on some machining to raise the surface following Lisa Klakulak's  methods. She uses a ‘leg lifter’ on her machine but as I don’t have one I use my embroidery unit foot which has a very small hoop on the end. I have done a few small samples, and I think I need to make sure my prefelt is a little more substantial than in this piece. It is nice and tactile.

3 comments:

  1. Fab!

    I saw that the book exhibition was only going to be online this year - shame, as I managed to get to Milton Keynes to see last year's in person and it was triffic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you're figuring out that technique pretty darn good. This is great. i love how felt can be manipulated. bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:52 PM

    Hello :) I've just found your blog and have been looking back through your posts, it's so inspiring! I shall look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...