Friday, February 27, 2009

Textile Doodles




On March 11th I will be giving a two hour workshop at Doodles the new craft shop in Franklin Avenue, Tadley, Hampshire. They are arranging a number of two hour starter sessions in crafts such as mosaics, glass painting and basket weaving.
I have organized two now which I have really enjoyed and I think the participants have as well. This time I am planning black and white printing with found objects, as the past two were very bright and colourful.
We are going to make a small fold book of samples.

This is an interesting blog with lots of ideas for stamping. I was taken with the idea of stamping/printing onto pleated material and of course I had to have a go using a sliced apple and a piece of onion.

3 comments:

  1. Love the black and white

    ReplyDelete
  2. now you've given me something else to think about!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these looks great. I have seen found object stamping before but it never appealled to me as much as other techniques, mostly because it didn't look artistic" enough to me. These, however, are totally different - I love them! They look like art first and a found object second. I wish I lived close enough to attend your class to give this a try!

    Have you ever thought about writing a book about all of the techniques you demonstrate here? I would definetely buy a copy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...