Wednesday, February 04, 2009

More Snow

Yes, Gunnel I do like the snow, mainly because I don't now have to juggle work with closed schools and slippery roads. I feel for all the parents trying to manage mixed committments in the present weather. For me it can now be just be a pretty picture.


This is a piece I made for an exhibition to go with the previous one following City & Guilds. There was also a hanging , silk organza ,which I embroidered with words from a poem about returning home to a white house by a Welsh poet. It seemed appropriate to get it out in the present weather.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowscapes and so right at the moment. I did a foundation/access art & design course at swindon a while ago and loved it although, now, of course I wish I had documented it more thoroughly. I've had to go back to paid work for a time so my study time is limited. I'm trying to slot in creative-time at home but it's so tricky. I blog at www.craftdelight.blogspot.com if you fancy taking a look sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of 'tactile words'---

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...