Sunday, October 15, 2006

Knitting and Stitching Show

I was at Alexandra Palace yesterday. The show was amazing as usual, a chance to see top textile artists and to shop till you drop. However, this year there was added sadness to suddenly see the book of condolence for Val Campbell-Harding and to find that she had been buried the day before. It was a real shock. Many will never have had the 'experience' of a class with her but will have been inspired by her books which are the bibles for machine embroidery. There is a virtual book of condolence on the Computer Textile Design Group site.
On a happier note a generous young woman on the felt makers ' stall gave me two felting needles. If you look at her site you will see felt with a whole new scope, www.feltesque.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, thanks for stopping by my blog. My banner is a collage of a photo of my flower garden. I did do a small fabric version a couple of years ago.

    I was sorry to hear of Valeries passing. Although I never met her, I love her work and have several of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the loss. I didn't know her or her work, but just did a search, to find out more about her, & I'm sorry to have never knoen her. What I found looked amazing.

    The felter link is wild. She would do well in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...