Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Peru


Things seem to be back to normal now. The computer is, hopefully, well protected from viruses and I have a back up system. Along the way I am much wiser about files, formats, dvd drives etc.. I used the brilliant Pfaff Talk site to get information to re format my Creative Card in the Pfaff 7570; I did lose designs but can now make a new start. The local sewing machine shop coudn't help and suggested I buy an expensive new card.
This piece with Peruvian birds is stitched on hand made felt with some silk tops felted in. The patterns were inspired by a work colleague who has just walked the Inca Trail. The stitching is in part done with the 7570 embroidery unit and in part free machining.The birds are painted with bronze powder and Ormoline Fabric Medium.

9 comments:

  1. Glad everything is back to working order. I really like your piece. It has so much texture going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's *delicious*...great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for coming by my blog - I missed your latest posts (failure of Bloglines!) glad I've caught up with you now, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it frustrating when the computer doesn't work? Imagine, it was only a few years ago we didn't even have them!

    I love the Peruvian birds. I've always been facinated with archeology & ancient designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back in action and sharing your work again.

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful piece of work.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you have had such problems with your computer. When one goes wrong it goes wrong in a *big* way. Your Peruvian piece is lovely. I also love Archeology and love and ancient designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece,glad your puter problems are sorted

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:14 AM

    I've been viewing your site for sometime now... you have such a keen eye for beauty, and a talented hand for creativity. This latest piece is stunning.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    And I'm so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...