Saturday, May 20, 2006

May walk.

I have just received my first copies of 'Cloth, Paper & Scissors' and 'Quilting Arts', thanks to reading about them on other peoples blogs. I have been diverted by making layered paint backgrounds and thinking how to transfer these to fabric.
I will certainly be subscribing. I recently started getting 'Embroidery' magazine again after a break of a few years. I used to regularly refer to it and looked forward to receiving the next copy, but I don't find it so interesting now, perhaps this is because the articles are often not by practising textile artists.


I have had a few days off work; here are a few photos from a recent walk. It has been very rainy but warm. I found a rusty farm trailer which yielded some photos with potential.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog and LOVE it. Although it is not unusual to find a Patricia Bolton fan (CLS and QA) I was delighted to read about your pleasure in receiving the magazine. I live in New Hampshire and yesterday had the great pleasure of visiting Quilting Arts retail store in Stowe Massachusetts ~~ something I've wanted to do for awhile. WOW is what I say! I've been to the online store but the real thing is fabulous; I don't know of another place like it in the states.

    Do you know of other ways to use silk hankies. When I saw them, I thought about using them to "entrap" threads or other embellishments? But I am not able to find any references about this. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:01 PM

    Hi Jackie! We met in Alton the other day. I said I would look at your blog, so here I am. It is very inspiring - a wonderful record of your work and inspiration.

    I went to Petersfield today and was lucky enough to buy a huge piece of old patchwork in a charity shop - 60s/70s I'd say. An unfinished king size bed cover. Not sure what i am going to do with it, but what a juicy find!

    Keep stitching.

    Best wishes

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't you just love the rusty look - it sort of brings out the wanna get going in me - Dale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Isn't it amazing how the world has so much inspiration to offer us in the most unlikely places? Love the colors and texture of the tractor! Thank you for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it! Best to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...