Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Work completed




The 'book wrap' photo holder is now finished. I tried out the wax pot to make the inner lining, using a method which I saw on a blog.
Using metal kitchen utensils dipped in wax to make the pattern.I wouldn't do it that way again; it seemed wasteful of wax.
The cotton lawn was dyed in cold tea and the wax ironed away.

It took me four years or so to use the newspaper, which shows its well worth holding on to such potentially useful items ; even if you begin to run out of space.

For those of you who haven't come across 'Workshop on the Web' I have put a link on my blog. There is a free workshop on the site . It is a good source of information about new books and materials. The March workshop is out tomorrow and I am looking forward to getting tempted by some new technique.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazingly beautiful. I'm so glad that you stopped by my blog and left a message so that I could find my way here. I will follow your link to Workshop on the Web soon. Thx for the visit!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...